Dan was so invested in Punch-Out!! that he was unable to refrain from twitching while playing and watching others play. This amused Reiner so much that he had a camera brought into the Replay room to catch it on video.
Dan considers Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! one of his ten favorite games of all time, and says it may be his favorite NES game.
Reiner's poll of the GI staff found that only six of them claim to have defeated Mike Tyson: Reiner, Andy McNamara, Jeff Cork, Matt Miller, Matt Bertz, and Jeff Akervik. On the January 26, 2012 episode of The Game Informer Show, Joe and Dan noted that they still have not defeated Tyson.
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!:
- Joe: "Also, we should probably discuss briefly how incredibly racist this game is."
- Dan: "This really is just as intense as, like, when I played it when I was ten."
- Reiner: "I'm physically exhausted from laughing."
- Dan: "I am sweating, by the way."
- Dan: "I'm just punching these birds and snakes in the face and walking like the coolest guy that's ever lived."
Dan claims that pressing Start and Select in between rounds of Punch Out!! means more health; Dan says, "If I was a boxer, I would think it would be, like, a bad idea to, like, raise my eyebrows before I punched someone every time."
- Replay: Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! at Game Informer
- Replay: Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! at YouTube
- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! at Wikipedia
- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! at GameSpot
- Amagon at Wikipedia
- Amagon at GameSpot