Phil notes that Andrew is terrified of sharks, which Andrew readily agrees with.
This episode came in at number 5 of Game Informer's "Top Ten Episodes of Replay" feature.
Dan reviewed Jaws Unleashed during college for Lawrence.com and gave the game a 6.9 out of 10.
"Worth a rental at least for fans of the film or senseless destruction."
Reiner also reviewed Jaws Unleashed, but for Game Informer. He gave the game a 4.75 out of 10.
"After this miserable showing, the only waters that Jaws will be patrolling are those of the great video game toilet."
- Tim: "That shark's name is Bruce, right?...from the movie ... ... Not that obscure piece of a trivia! His name is Bruce, I'm not asking anymore, I'm telling you his name is Bruce."
- Dan: "Remember that trademark Jaws scene where he just ate all the license plates?" Tim: "Right, he got all 45 and then the 45th one was the end of the movie. If you actually stayed after the credits he got the other 5."
- Phil: "Little known piece of Reiner trivia here, you are actually afraid of sharks."
- Dan: "Did you see what that said, it said 'in oder'. O-D-E-R."
- Andrew: "But this right here is, like, my living fear." Tim: "Turning into a shark car?"
- Dan: "What happens if sharks ever evolve legs, and come to Minneapolis." Tim: "You have the same answer to the question 'What if spiders learn how to fly?' It's just one gun, one bullet. You know what to do."
- Tim: "I think there's some beaches in Florida had to close down because, I think they had a shark that actually hit level cap. I think it was, yeah, level 80. That was a big problem because he unlocked lightning."
- Tim: "2 Fast 2 Furious Unleashed: Jaws Edition Renegade."
- Dan: "You shouldn't have wasted all your skill points on the 'Charm' ability."
Azurik: Rise of Perathia
- Phil: "Break these vases." Tim: "Zelda clone."
- Tim: "Their sound effect guy must have been on vacation."
- Phil (to Tim): "You have this disdain in your voice for the way Dan plays video games."
- Tim: "That looks cool. Alright, nevermind."
- Phil: "This is going in the Vault and it's never getting taken out again."
- Appaloosa Interactive, the developer of Jaws Unleashed, also developed the Ecco series for Sega. Ecco is famous for starring a dolphin as the main protagonist.
- Azurik: Rise of Perathia was featured on the cover of the May 2001 issue of Game Informer.
- Replay: Jaws Unleashed at Game Informer
- Our Ten Favorite Episodes of Replay at Game Informer
- Jaws Unleashed at Wikipedia
- Jaws Unleashed at GameSpot
- Azurik: Rise of Perathia at Wikipedia
- Azurik: Rise of Perathia at GameSpot